You can use NSSM to run anything you want as a service very quickly. In my case, I was looking to run AcuRite even when not logged in or while locked so that my weather station is always updating the cloud.
- Download NSSM and extract somewhere on your C Drive (i just put it in c:\nssm\
- Open a command prompt and change directories to where NSSM was extracted and run the following command (replace AcuRite with the name of the service you want to create)
nssm.exe install AcuRite
- In the path field select the exe you would normally be running
- On the details tab set a description so you remember in the future why you created this.
- Click “Install Service”
- Start the service from the Services control panel
Easy and quick you now have AcuRite (or whatever you want) running as a service.